Friday, September 30, 2011

Neutered Mages of DOOOM

Ahhh Dragon Age.  I admittedly have yet to actually finish the game  >.>  *Ducks*

Hey now! It wasn't my fault my laptop at the time imploded. I have been saving it for a special treat to get totally lost in again one of these days soon. ^_^  However, I did notice some strange things in my brief time playing. (Other than it was completely awesome and it killed me that my laptop died because I'm the type of person who can't re-read a book, so replaying everything once I had a computer up and running a month later was just too soon for me to redo everything...)

Apparently all mages need to be... neutered. Actually, given the climate in game, that isn't totally surprising. Both male and female mages wear symbolisms of their genatalia worn on the outside of their robes.

Ladies get a lovely conch shaped... belt.... buckle? 
As for the guys, you get to have two flattened nutsacks draped from your belt.


I'm sure there is some sort of deep commentary here, but I'm too tired at the moment to contemplate what it is. That and not having actually finished the game, I don't feel like I can speak for the lore or world much since I haven't actually fully experienced it. In any case, it's across the board, and very likely fits into the story line somehow about how mages are totally evil and need to be controlled. Or something.

But why is it that only the ladies have to wear license plates on their rear?


I can just imagine some mage going out of control... and being reported. "Yes, sir! It was indeed, a mage! I saw their butt plate clearly! "RUATWIT". No sir, No! I didn't mean to offend you..."

And then the offending mage is hunted down for being a rogue threat to all humanity. But, being a clever magey - they would sneak into some other party camp and switch their license plate with another mages! MUAHAHA! So when some enforcer/poor sod finally catches up with them, the wrong mage gets whacked. Whoops?

No comments:

Post a Comment