Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Favorite iOS Games: Danger Cats!



I do hope you are ready for your monthly quotient of cute because Danger Cats (Full / Trial) is adorable. In a mad sniggling squee worthy kind of way. The sheer amount of twisted glee I had playing this, torturing poor cats as I tried to save them (... and sometimes didn't.... >.>) has yet to be matched by anything else I've found.

The goal of this physics puzzler is to get the cats safely to solid ground. Sometimes the solid ground is a long stretch of grass.... and other times... a narrow bit of something. As you touch objects, they dissapear, causing the balance and other objects to move following the laws of physics. The tricky part comes in when it's not simply about physics alone, but timing that will help you save these adorkable cats.

The game has 80 levels (which for me was not nearly enough...) spread over four different themed areas. I appreciated the changes in scenery, as I imagine even with as much as I loved it, 80 levels with the same objects would get boring. 


 The levels can be entirely static at the start....


...or dynamic with pieces in motion as soon as the level starts.


 

I must now confess to you all that I am a very sick and twisted person, because my favorite part is when you lose a cat and the other cats on screen make a horrified expression and noise. The game then pops up phrases worthy of calling the pun police such as: "Mass Hiss-Teria!" (which causes me to sniggle madly every time it pops up), "Cat-Astrophe!", and of course:


I showed this game to anyone at work who would listen to me >.> Even those people who don't normally play games (much less own a cell phone or ipod) were charmed by it. How could one not be?

No comments:

Post a Comment