Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Free Festive Holiday Games


Happy St. Nicholas Day!

I'm sure you already know all about these, but I figured I'd share anyway. I must confess to liking the holiday themed slant of per-existing games. It's a great way to try out a game, have some fun and not feel like you are getting short changed with the "trial" version, even if, when all is said and done, these holiday games (for the most part) are. If there are any games you have been keeping your eye on and are curious about - check to see if there is a version for the holidays that will let you try it out. I haven't played most of these, but I hope you will find something to enjoy and help put you in the Holiday spirit!

For the non Christmas celebrators - I didn't have too much luck finding free games celebrating the holidays from other faiths - do you have any suggestions I can add?


For Android:
(all free as of time written)






I also ran across this article in my hunt for free Holiday games from The App Times:  


For iOS:
(all free as of time written)





And on that note - Holidays = Freebie Palooza. I imagine if you've had your spiffy device of whichever variety for a while now, you are aware of this. I can't speak to much for the Android end of things, but for iOS, there are freebies and deep discounts going on frequently to capitalize on the (what I imagine they hope) is the new flock of people to playing their games. Keep your eyes peeled! There are commercial sites such as AppSpy and AppShopper (which I prefer because I can see if a game has been discounted before and to what degree before deciding to take advantage of a sale price) as well as one of my favorite spot to lurk for deals at the Touch Arcade Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment